Benchmark Human Services
Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness.
Our Northwest Ohio Supported Living and Day Program is currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN). Why Benchmark: Ability to develop meaningful relationships with clients. Flexible scheduling. Work independently. Schedule: 1st shift office hours Mon-Fri, some requirement to be on call, flexible hours Must be available to work some limited weekends.
- Provide healthcare coordination for individuals in accordance with all state and federal regulations.
- Function as liaison and advocate for individuals when dealing with physicians, psychiatrists, and consultants, including Registered Dietitian (RD), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT), Speech and Language Pathology (SLP), Pharmacists, hospital discharge coordination, etc., as needed to support staff.
- Provide on-going health care training and monitoring of Benchmark staff as required by state and federal regulations and Benchmark policy and procedures, including medication training.
- Implement and train employees on new and revised health related policies and procedures in a timely manner as directed.
- Complete all documentation required for assigned individuals health and related care needs, as required by state and federal regulations.
- Respond to emergency medical situations for assigned department(s) in a timely manner, including review of discharge orders from hospitalizations prior to individual returning to home.
- Participate in assigned individuals ISP meetings, nurse meetings, departmental meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Complete billing documentation.
- Perform nursing assessments for individuals with nursing delegated tasks and Participate in development of associated health risk plans to ensure appropriate supports for assigned individuals. Nurse will update when a change in condition occurs.
- Obtain and remain current on any certifications requested such as annual Benchmark nurse competencies, Healthcare Provider CPR, and DODD Certified RN Trainer.
- Perform nursing delegations in Supported Living and Adult Day Services.
- Provide on-call services to designated homes and Adult Day Services.
- Participate in quarterly nurse meetings for Benchmark, by attendance and/or Go-To conference.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Manager of Health Services.
- Compile and provide monthly nursing report to Manager of Health Services and other designated staff by 15th of following month.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Compile and provide Healthcare Outcome Measure Reports Quarterly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to express and exchange ideas through verbal and non–verbal communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively train staff.
- Possess the skills to operate independently and/or in a team environment.
- RN with current Ohio license.
- Experience in community nursing.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Salary will vary based on experience
1621 Celina Road
St Marys, OH 45885
If interested, please apply at:
Or, via email/text to Anna Strunk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-238-8047.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.