The mission of Heinzerling Community is to provide a loving and nurturing environment that enriches the development, education, and quality of life of individuals with severe or profound developmental disabilities. For over 60 years, Heinzerling Community has cared for hundreds of children and adults with severe and profound developmental disabilities. We provide life affirming, loving care to our residents every day.
The Social Worker is a primary advocate for our residents, and plays a key role in supporting all aspects of the resident experience. Heinzerling Perks: * Paid Training! * Start earning Paid Time Off on your first day! * Tuition Reimbursement - grow your career here! * Retirement plan with awesome 50% company match! * Medical, dental, vision on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment * Build relationships with our residents that last a lifetime!
- Serves as a liaison between Heinzerling Community and residents, parents, guardians, case managers, and associated organizations.
- Communicates with prospective residents and families, scheduling, and following up on admission meetings.
- Provides assistance to family members to support each resident's well-being.
- Prepares for and participate in Individual Resident Planning meetings.
- Follows Medicaid and DoDD Licensure regulations related to social services.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work and at least two years related experience and/or training.
- Experience with individuals with moderate, severe, and profound intellectual and developmental disabilities strongly preferred.
- Must pass the DODD test to be an "evaluator" for level of care submissions.
Very limited travel
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
1800 Heinzerling Drive
Columbus, OH 43223
For more information, please contact: