Director of Nursing
Mount Aloysius Corp.
Mount Aloysius is an Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (ICF/IID).
Director of Nursing:
The Director of Nursing (DON) is a licensed registered nurse, employed full time, who is responsible for organizing and administering the Medical Services Department. The DON must be dedicated to providing quality patient care in a goal-oriented environment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- An active member of the Mount Aloysius Leadership Team.
- Develop and maintain Medical Service policies and procedures to implement the program of care.
- Ensure that the total nursing needs of the residents are met by the hiring, training, assigning, delegating and monitoring of the medical staff as necessary.
- Participate in departmental staff committee meetings.
- Ensure that all nurses' notes are informative and descriptive of the nursing care provided and of the residents' response to care.
- Review the nursing requirements of each resident admitted to the facility and assist the attending physician in planning for the resident's care.
- Maintaining his/her own professional competence through participation in programs of continuing education as well as ensuring that nursing personnel have valid and current licenses.
- Ensure that the facility's philosophy and objectives are understood and followed by nursing personnel as well as participating in planning and budgeting for nursing services.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Medicaid regulations as they apply to the Medical Services Department and facility.
- Serve on specified medical committees as needed.
- Assist in the continued development of all Mount Aloysius employees.
Requirements & Preferences:
- Registered Nurse with the State of Ohio required
- Experience in long-term care is preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience is preferred
No Travel Required
5375 Tile Plant Road
New Lexington, OH 43764
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Or visit our website :