March 24, 2020
CANCELLED - Freeing Individuals to Live Their Most Independent Lives
OPRA Training Room 1152 Goodale Blvd. Columbus, OH 43212
THIS TRAINING HAS BEEN CANCELLED! WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED IF THIS TRAINING IS RESCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE!
Do you feel like, sometimes, your staff create more dependence than independence?
We all know that the goal for the individuals we serve is to increase independence through skill acquisition, but in those day to day moments when decisions are made and supports provided, the needle sometimes doesn’t move any closer to independence, if it moves at all.
In this workshop agency leaders will learn how to teach staff to support individuals in ways that:
- Expand Individuals’ independence
- Empower individuals to develop decision making skills
- End unnecessary dependence on staff
- Make it clear when success is achieved (both for the individual and the staff)
- Support staff to create a full company culture of empowering individuals.