Service and Support Administrator (SSA) / Developmental Specialist (DS), Early Intervention - Full Time
North East Ohio Network Council of Governments (NEON)
North East Ohio Network (NEON) is a county council of government agency supporting county boards in the NE region of Ohio, that serves children and adults who are at risk for or have a diagnosed developmental disability.
We are seeking a full-time staff member to excel in the dual roles of Service and Support Administrator (SSA) and Developmental Specialist for Early Intervention. The ideal candidate must have a passion to improve others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service. Training specific to this position will be provided after hire.
As an SSA, your goal is to support your assigned individuals in living their best lives. A typical day may include being out in the field meeting with individuals on your caseload, making phone calls and attending meetings with team members or service providers to organize resources for your individuals, and entering case notes and update individuals’ planning documents.
Other job duties include:
- Assists individuals and families in identifying and selecting services and support and in obtaining and maintaining benefits; coordinates and facilitates the planning, provision of services, supports, and documentation of an overall service delivery plan; funding, and other services; assists individuals and families in selecting providers.
- Monitors the individual plan for compliance and quality in service delivery; communicates rights to individuals.
- Prepares case notes, reports, evaluations, and summaries; maintains confidentiality of individual files.
- Complies with guidelines established by DODD and HCDDS regarding reporting abuse, neglect, and other incidents related to Major Unusual Incidents (MUI).
- Travels to various locations throughout the Northeast Ohio region for the purpose of service planning and monitoring in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with agency procedures. The Developmental Specialist will be available to participate as part of a team of professionals providing services in the early intervention program of one or more of our member County Boards. Services shall include but are not limited to:
- Conducts developmental evaluations/assessments in the home or in a community setting to determine a child’s Part C eligibility, and plans service needs
- Uses a coaching interaction style that provides families and caregivers with information, skills, and support related to enhancing a child's development
- Promotes an infant's or toddler's acquisition of functional skills across developmental areas, including cognitive processes and social interaction through adaptation of the child's learning environment
- Bachelor’s degree in education, health, social or behavioral science, social services, human services, or related field. Knowledge of early childhood development for children birth through age five, specifically infant and toddler development.
- Eligible for the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities SSA Certification
- Eligible for Developmental Specialist credential issued by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (OAC 5123-10-05).
- Must have a valid driver’s license in state of residence, good driving record and full liability coverage on any vehicle used for transportation
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Possess computer skills in various word processing and database management programs
- Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCII), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and abuser registry clearances
$22.00-$26.00 per hour, determined by applicable experience
721 Boardman Poland Road, Suite 103
Youngstown, Ohio 44512
If interested, please forward your resume to: