Quality Assurance Registered Nurse
Clearwater Council of Governments
The Clearwater Council of Governments is committed to collaborating with our partners to enhance people's lives one system, one community and one person at a time. The Clearwater COG membership consists of nine (9) County Boards of Developmental Disabilities. Currently, Clearwater COG includes the following counties: Crawford, Erie, Huron, Lucas, Marion, Morrow, Ottawa, Richland, and Seneca.
Position Highlights: Provides Quality Assurance reviews for medication administration to individuals with developmental disabilities Instructs Medication Administration Certification classes 15 paid holidays per year, day shift, flexible schedule OPERS public retirement system We are seeking to fill the position of Quality Assurance Registered Nurse. This position is responsible for monitoring the quality of services provided to persons with developmental disabilities. The individual in this position evaluates and monitors contracted services within various settings where the services are provided. Position is home based but travel is required to Clearwater COG counties.
- Creates, instructs, and maintains medication administration certification courses in accordance with rules set forth by DODD and OAC.
- Performs the primary functions of the registered nurse in performing the quality assessment of reviews of processes and procedures of certified agency providers and independent providers who perform health related activities and /or administer medications to individuals receiving home and community based services in accordance with the policies of Clearwater Council of Governments, policies of the member county boards, and the rules and regulations of the State of Ohio.
- Conducts reviews at locations where services are performed.
- Observes provider staff performing health-related activities and/or administering prescribed medications to monitor compliance.
- Provides substitute delegated nursing services for county boards and providers.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures for the operation of the quality assessment and evaluation of medication administration of prescribed medication or performance of health-related tasks process.
- Ensures proper implementation in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Completes quality assessment reviews using Quality Assessment Review Tool in the format prescribed by DODD.
- Acts as a resource consultant to provider and county board staff.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing, current RN license, and a minimum of 2-years experience working as a registered nurse.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities, families, and other agencies preferred.
- Driver's License required.
- Must obtain and maintain DODD RN Trainer certification.
Home based but travel is required
$23-$26 an hour
235 N. Toussaint S Rd.
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
For more information, please contact: