Human Resources Generalist
At ARC Industries, our mission is to help people with disabilities achieve their life goals. We do that by supporting individuals as they access the community where they live and work, helping them develop independence, self-advocacy and skills important to employment and community membership.
The Human Resource Generalist performs support and administrative human resource activities including benefits and billing reconciliation, HRIS and payroll related recordkeeping, employee relations, training and other HR related programs. Develop and produce HR related reports. Performs annual background checks for compliance. This role must understand and support ARC's mission and core values.
- Administers employee data changes in HRIS, produces documentation and coordinates with payroll on a biweekly processing schedule.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents for insurance providers to ensure accurate enrollment and/or changes. Provides documentation to Payroll to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and staff relations, health and safety; and training and development.
- Assists with recruitment process including but not limited to hiring into the HRIS and other relevant screening systems. Processes new hire paperwork, confirms HRIS setup, and prepares documentation for payroll. • Serves as backup for filing documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists with the attendance notification systems and daily tracking procedures.
- Processes routine unemployment claims, referring non-routine claims to HR Manager/HR Director for response.
- Assists with the performance review process.
- Delivers routine HR/PTO reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Supports organization’s offboarding process including staff transitions.
- Audits monthly benefit billing statement to ensure accuracy of invoices and follows up with benefit providers when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- At least one year of human resources generalist experience required.
- Previous HRIS experience preferred.
2780 Airport Drive, Suite 450
Columbus, OH 43219
For more information, please contact:
You can click here for additional job opportunities at ARC Industries