Human Resources Manager
At ARC Industries, our mission is to help people with disabilities achieve their life goals. We do that by supporting individuals as they access the community where they live and work, helping them develop independence, self-advocacy and skills important to employment and community membership.
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absence, employee relations, policies, and practices.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the agency to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as staff compensation, benefits, performance management, leave program administration, staff relations and complaint investigations, policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Work directly with department managers and supervisors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on human resource matters; especially coaching, training, conflict resolution and discipline.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of programs to achieve market competitiveness and internal equity among staff members, working closely with CPO, operations and fiscal.
- Support the development of progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance and to attract and retain best-qualified staff. Implement and annually update compensation program.
- On a regular basis, review and make recommendations for improvement of policies, procedures, and practices on human resource matters. Communicate changes in human resources policies and procedures and assure proper compliance.
- Participate in investigation and resolution of ongoing staff relations issues, anticipate problems whenever possible, and develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution. Consult with attorneys and Agency stakeholders to prepare the agency position in lawsuits, discrimination complaints, and other proceedings.
- Oversee Human Resources administrative services, ensuring a focus on customer service, efficiency, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Support establishing individual performance standards and department-level key performance indicators and benchmarks; evaluate reports, decisions, and departmental results in relation to established goals, with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Directly supervise assigned department staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Eight years’ experience working in the human resources field with at least five years direct experience in administrative/ management positions.
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
2780 Airport Drive, Suite 450
Columbus, OH 43219
For more information, please contact:
You can click here for additional job opportunities at ARC Industries