Regional Director of Programs and Services
Echoing Hills of Northern Ohio
Echoing Hills is a faith-based, non-profit ministry with over 500 employees providing premier residential, vocational, educational, and camp services to persons with disabilities throughout the state of Ohio. For more than 50 years, Echoing Hills has supported thousands of families, friends and neighbors through their outreach to people with disabilities. All of these programs support the mission of Echoing Hills which is Revolutionizing lives where people live, learn, connect, play and worship and are in alignment with their core values: the right to choose, the dignity of each person, personal fulfillment in God’s plan, and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Echoing Hills Village, Inc (Echoing Hills) is seeking an experienced and dynamic Regional Director of Programs and Services based in Lorain, OH, to be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and managing all aspects of the residential and adult day/vocational programs and services for the North Region. Reporting directly to the Chief Program Officer, the Regional Director of Programs and Services serves a vital role in fulfilling the mission and purpose of Echoing Hills by ensuring that programs and services provided promote the purpose of:
- Creating opportunities for individuals with disabilities to know and experience Jesus Christ, engaging in and contributing to the innovation and life-enhancing experiences of the individuals served, and
- Serving all individuals, employees and customers in a dignified, respectful way that demonstrates the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The Regional Director leads the development and implementation of new programs and services to meet the needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Ohio. The region’s residential and community-based services consists of seven ICF Group Homes, four Waiver Homes, and adult services (EchoingU) located at Lorain Community College. This region serves over 75 individuals with a dedicated staff of more than 100.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of Christian principals, ethics and morals, and a faith in Jesus Christ. Prior ICF experience is required. The chosen candidate will have strong communication and decision-making skills, and be able to promote the mission and purpose of the organization in all interactions.
Additional Skills and Characteristics:
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations with Medicaid Rules and Regulations of Medicaid related agencies (ODJFS, ODM, DODD, ODH, OSHA, EPA and HIPAA) regarding programs and services for individuals with an intellectual / developmental disability.
- General knowledge in Standard Precautions, Infection Control, Environmental Safety, Building Evacuation Procedures and Weather Emergencies in order to direct personnel appropriately.
- Strong skills in organizational culture, change management, project management, process improvement, program management, achieving quality outcomes, and efficiency.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals including Corporate and Regional Leadership Staff, team members, clients, families, and the general public including regulators and community representatives.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with regulators, co-workers at all levels, local and state representatives, individuals with disabilities, family members, and the general community.
- Ability to work as a collaborative leader, reaching out to other regions for coordination and consistency.
- Excellent relationship building skills in order to maintain harmonious relationships with staff.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and manage budgets.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Education/Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Rehabilitation or Business field required or Ohio Licensure as a Registered Nurse; Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years prior I/DD experience or experience in a related field, with at least two (2) of those years leading and executing organizational, programmatic strategies and staff operations.
- A minimum of two (2) years prior experience working in an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) with demonstrated knowledge of associated rules and regulations that govern the operation of such facilities.
- Extensive behavioral support experience preferred.
- Comprehensive experience in working within developmental/intellectual disability community, with thorough knowledge of applicable regulations and contemporary knowledge of new developments or changes in field of developmental disabilities and autism.
- Proven competence in managing programs and in identifying, developing and building community partnerships.
- Managerial experience, demonstrating collaborative supervisory style and affinity for managing within a culturally and politically diverse environment/community.
Some travel required
3295 N. Leavitt Road
Lorain, OH 44053
For more information, please contact: