Director of Nursing
Echoing Hills of Northern Ohio
Echoing Hills is a faith-based, non-profit ministry with over 500 employees providing premier residential, vocational, educational, and camp services to persons with disabilities throughout the state of Ohio. For more than 50 years, Echoing Hills has supported thousands of families, friends and neighbors through their outreach to people with disabilities. All of these programs support the mission of Echoing Hills which is Revolutionizing lives where people live, learn, connect, play and worship and are in alignment with their core values: the right to choose, the dignity of each person, personal fulfillment in God’s plan, and a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Echoing Hills Village, Inc. (Echoing Hills) is seeking an experienced and committed Director of Nursing (DON) based in Lorain, OH, to be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and managing the overall medical and health care programs in their Northern Ohio region. The region’s residential and community-based services consists of seven ICF Group Homes, four Waiver Homes, and adult services (EchoingU) located at Lorain Community College. This region serves over 75 individuals with a staff of more than 100. The DON oversees the daily operation of the Nursing Department including medical care and treatment, staffing and personnel issues, financial and budget management, and regulatory compliance as it relates to the medical care and treatment of individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD).
Reporting directly to the Regional Director of Programs and Services, the DON serves on the region’s Leadership Team and supervises a team of nurses and other staff involved in direct medical care or health related activities. The DON must work to create an atmosphere of safety and security for individuals served, while promoting independence, which allows for clients to live life to their fullest potential.
Key Qualities, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding of Christian principals, ethics, and morals and a faith in Jesus Christ.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding the medical care and treatment of individuals served with an Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ID/DD). This includes DODD and ODH regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act and other principles and practices involved in the medical care and treatment of individuals served with an Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ID/DD).
- Ability to supervise and direct employees and volunteers of various levels and expertise.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with regulators, co-workers at all levels, local and state representatives, individuals served with an Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ID/DD) and their families, and the general community.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with medical providers, the medical community, colleges, universities, vocational schools, technical schools and other organizations that partner with or have relationships with the region’s programs and services.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required; BSN or additional bachelor degree preferred.
- Current licensure by the Ohio State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Prior management experience as a DON, Assistant DON or Nurse Manager required.
- Prior experience working with persons with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD) preferred.
- Current CPR and Certification in First Aid required.
Some local travel required
3295 N. Leavitt Road
Lorain, OH 44053
For more information, please contact: