Finance and Administration Manager
UCP of Greater Cleveland
UCP of Greater Cleveland serves over 1,500 children and adults every year. While the agency initially served only children with cerebral palsy, we are now a network of support for people with a wide spectrum of disabilities including but not limited to, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, genetic disorders, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, autism spectrum disorder, among others.
BASIC FUNCTION: Under supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, prepares financial statements, maintains accounting and fixed asset systems, records manual accounts receivable, prepares audit schedules, oversees payroll, receivables and payables, and performs other general finance duties
- Maintain a positive and effective relationship with all staff and provide technical assistance and advice to all.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Agency’s physical and technology assets, facilities, equipment and inventories.
- Maintain proper internal controls to safeguard organization’s assets and improve efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations.
- Manage contract term tracking.
B. FINANCIAL STATEMENT PREPARATION:
- Following the Financial Statement Closing Checklist:
- Assures all billing, payroll, cash management, and accounts payable functions are completed and properly posted for the month.
- Prepares working papers and records monthly journal entries in the Financial Management software system.
- Records recurring journal entries in the Financial Management software system.
- Records adjusting journal entries as necessary.
- Updates the statement of cash flows and other supplemental schedules.
- Runs a final trial balance, journal entry reports, and detailed general ledger.
- Submits all working papers and financial reports to the Director of Finance & Administration for review by the 15th of each month.
C. ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE:
- Receives invoices from programs and inputs into the accounting system.
- Prepares/updates Excel spreadsheets for applicable billings and inputs journal entries into the accounting system.
- Control the collection of all accounts receivable.
D. FIXED ASSETS:
- Maintains fixed assets records in the fixed asset software system.
- Records fixed assets pursuant to capital expenditure policy.
- Prepares and records monthly depreciation journal entry.
- Maintains electronic copies of fixed asset additions, transfers, and disposals.
- Performs a quarterly reconciliation of capital expenditures and accumulated depreciation with the general ledger.
- Prepares schedules for annual financial statement audit and gathers information requested by auditors.
- Prepares schedules for the annual 401(k) audit and gathers information requested by auditors.
- Maintains census and enrollment information for all employees participating in the agency 401(k) plan.
- Maintains general ledger account information in the Financial Management system and issues chart of accounts revisions to the program directors under the direction of the Director of Finance & Administration.
- Reconciles all bank accounts and agency petty cash accounts monthly.
- Assure all cash management duties are performed pursuant to established internal controls and Agency policy.
- Prepares schedules required to file the annual Form 990.
- Assists the Director of Finance & Administration in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Serves as backup for the Finance Assistant with operating deposits, accounts payable processes, and payroll.
- Prepares financial summaries to be communicated to employees on a regular basis per the Agency communications plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting. Must have intermediate or advanced level skills with Microsoft Office, computer accounting systems, and basic Adobe Acrobat skills. Must have reliable transportation and a valid Ohio driver’s license with two (2) or fewer moving violations.
10011 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
For more information, please contact: