The Alpha Group
Since 1970, The Alpha Group, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit agency, has provided gainful employment, quality rehabilitation, and adult day support services to individuals with disabilities in Delaware and surrounding counties. Alpha is committed to the belief that people with disabilities have the same rights and responsibilities as all people; notably, the right to participate in their community. Services and supports that enhance and provide additional life choices to individuals should be accessible. Alpha participates in partnerships and flexible agreements to provide individualized services and support that are based on their needs, wants, and desires.
The Alpha Group of Delaware is currently seeking an experienced individual to join our management team as a Controller. The Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting, from payroll to tax compliance, and will oversee the financial activities of the company. This individual will report to the CEO and will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures and financial and strategic planning.
- Manage all aspects of accounting, billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition and various special analyses;
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations;
- Oversee payments of all accounts;
- Oversee accounts receivables and payment collections;
- Oversee all payments made for debts, bank loans and payables;
- Monitor cash and funding balances;
- Keep an organized filing system of all accounts, statements, transactions, payments and debts;
- Prepare and organize financial statements for record and review;
- Prepare monthly/annual financial reports;
- Manage the monthly/annual budgets and forecasts;
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks and other matters;
- Organize information and statements for external audits;
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices;
- Complying with all local, state and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings and reporting;
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements;
- Additional Controller duties as needed.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration with an emphasis in accounting or a related field;
- Ideal candidate has 5 to 10 years of experience in the field;
- CPA or CMA license preferred;
- Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor or manager;
- Experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Access, database or other system knowledge;
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation;
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards and state/national regulations;
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to collaborate well with other directors and team members, as well as mentor/lead team members.
This is a full-time exempt position.
1000 Alpha Drive
Delaware, Ohio 43015
For more information, please contact:
(740) 368-5810 ext. 115
or visit our website at: www.alphagroup.net