ARC Industries is a nonprofit that helps people with disabilities achieve their life goals by supporting individuals as they access the community where they live and work, and by helping them develop independence, self-advocacy, and skills important to employment and community membership.
This role reports to the Chief Mission Officer. The Compliance Coordinator will support the overall compliance efforts of ARC Industries. This includes compliance with Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD), Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), CARF, OSHA, PUCO, HIPAA and any other federal, state, or local authority requiring compliance with rules and regulations. Essential Functions/Job Duties Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job responsibilities of the Compliance Coordinator role include: Function as the day-to-day resource for compliance questions and concerns for assigned areas of responsibility, including but not limited to oversight of compliance policies and procedures.
- Attend department leadership meetings as requested.
- Oversee compliance reviews as required by the governing entities.
- Serves as the HIPAA Security Officer for ARC Industries. This includes having responsibility to development security policies, implement procedures and training, conduct risk assessments, and monitor compliance.
- Maintain annual scheduling of internal compliance reviews.
- Conducts with the support of the Compliance Specialist monthly reviews of service documentation, personnel files, vehicles and on-site monitoring of service delivery and other compliance related items.
- Monthly analysis of Compliance Monitoring data and other metrics for issues and trends.
- Evaluate compliance with DODD, OOD, CARF and other regulators.
- Work with the Service department and staff when data highlights compliance concerns to assist in action plan development and resolution as well as provide positive feedback to staff when compliance standards are met and/or exceeded on a regular basis.
- Work with the Chief Culture Officer to maintain a culture of compliance.
- Assist in the assessment of department specific learning needs and knowledge gaps using both internal resources (i.e., audit and/or investigation results, data analysis, reported deficiencies) and industry identified high risk areas.
- Assist in the development of department specific compliance training/education.
- Conducts New Hire Onboarding Training for compliance related areas.
- Provide educational material to the Management team regarding new laws and regulations and issues affecting their specific areas of practice.
- Maintain ongoing expertise in the field of compliance including review of any issuance by governmental agencies such as the DODD, OOD, ODM, and/or CMS, including fraud alerts, special advisories, or proposed rules.
- Prepare reports, charts, and other documentation as necessary to communicate compliance issues/concerns to the CEO/Board of Directors.
- Prepares Semi Annual Compliance Reporting for the CEO and ARC Board of Directors.
- Supervise Compliance Specialist Familiarity with regulatory requirements related to Information Technology.
This position is responsible for the performance management, development and hiring of assigned staff members.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Education and Experience
- Human Resources and corporate compliance preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience in Medicaid compliance or other compliance areas preferred Skills and Abilities Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, data driven environment Ability to identify issues and escalate accordingly.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite Creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning styles is preferred.
Required Licensure and Certifications
- Valid Ohio Driver License - Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles; must meet and maintain insurability requirements.
- Must hold or obtain upon a hire a valid American Red Cross or equivalent first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
Travel would occur during the workday and local.
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2780 Airport Drive
Columbus, OH 43209
For more information, please contact:
or visit our website at: ARC Industries Careers