Customer Care Coordinator
Clearwater Council of Governments
The Clearwater Council of Governments is committed to collaborating with our partners to enhance people's lives one system, one community and one person at a time. The Clearwater COG membership consists of 7 county boards (Crawford, Erie, Huron, Marion, Morrow, Ottawa, and Seneca)
Customer Care Coordinator:
Professional position responsible for the development and deployment of strategies, programs, and processes to ensure the provision of excellent customer service and care to internal and external customers for contracted county boards.
- Conducts customer satisfaction research to measure agency objectives and sets the direction for customer service expectations for contracted county boards.
- Develops and deploys surveys to individuals and families at specific times throughout the year and develops strategies to expand survey techniques to providers, other outside agencies and internal departments.
- Analyzes data related to customer service feedback and makes recommendations regarding areas for improvement with relation to communication with stakeholders, staff training, and processes to improve overall customer satisfaction and experience throughout the agencies.
- Designs and directs customer service education for the agencies, including developing and conducting training as needed. Creates a plan for ongoing, comprehensive training of staff on service expectations.
- Provides support and technical assistance to supervisors and managers to ensure ongoing coaching of staff related to service excellence.
- Assists staff with communication strategies related to difficult messages in order to communicate clearly while using empathy and developing strong working relationships.
- Assists in the ongoing assessment of county board services to ensure quality and compliance with DODD accreditation standards.
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and diplomacy when interacting with individuals, families, and staff. Uses discretion to limit involvement to only those individuals necessary to resolve complaints. Uses proactive and positive team approaches to resolve issues or accomplish goals.
- Attends Clearwater meetings and special training/workshops as required.
- Understands and practices professional ethics in keeping with the confidentiality of information and materials with which he/she may come in contact with.
- Provides exemplary customer service through courteous, responsive interactions with county board staff, providers, and individuals receiving services.
Requirements & Preferences:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university required. Prior experience in a customer service related position and working with people with disabilities, families, and providers preferred.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and in a team environment. Effective organization and group facilitation skills.
- Must maintain a valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintain a status of insurability for motor vehicle insurance in accordance with Clearwater policy.
- Acceptable BCI/FBI background check.
Position is home based, but regular travel is required to assigned Clearwater COG counties
Hourly, Overtime Eligible, Based on Experience
235 N Toussaint S Rd.
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Or visit our website :