ARC Industries mission is to help people with disabilities achieve their life goals. We do that by supporting individuals as they access the community where they live and work, helping them develop independence, self-advocacy and skills important to employment and community membership.
Go to www.arcind.com to learn more.
The HR Manager:
The successful candidate will be proficient in all areas of human resources management including recruiting, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, compensation structure, employment law, and HR compliance.
- Hires, manages, and develops department staff positions.
- Manages recruitment effort for all open positions.
- Develops recruitment strategies and ensures implementation of plan.
- Manages process of reviewing and revising job descriptions, job postings and associated compensation analysis.
- Serves as the relationship manager with all temporary agencies that supply talent to the organization.
- Manages the organization’s onboarding and offboarding process.
- Oversees and supports the performance management process.
- Oversees and manages employee relation issues throughout the organization including consulting with leadership staff and/or legal counsel.
- Serves as the liaison to vendors that provide supports to the department.
- Participates in developing content for the HRIS and LMS systems.
- Oversees and supports preparation for agency audits.
- Oversees and manages the human resource file administration function.
- Works in partnership with agency leadership to develop and deliver staff orientation and ongoing trainings.
- Continuously builds rapport with all staff to provide an excellent employee experience.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Updates, reviews, and maintains department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Maintaining employee benefits programs and manages the annual open enrollment process.
Requirements & Preferences:
- High School Diploma - Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Five years of human resource and three years supervisory experience preferred
- SPHR certification is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in all HR disciplines
- Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems and other systems used within the scope of the HR disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in building human resource processes and tools
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to build and work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge and experience handling confidential information and HIPPA regulations
- Demonstrated experience and confidence with handling employee relation issues and coaching managers and staff
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Experience in talent acquisition, specifically developing and implementing recruiting strategies
- Knowledge of Employee Experience practices
- Demonstrated ability to continuously build a professional network
Travel is primarily local during the business day
2780 Airport Drive Suite 450
Columbus, OH 43219
For more information and to apply, please contact: