Shining Star Residential
Shining Star Residential Services LLC Is a Provider of Medicaid Services in Lucas and Wood Counties for people with developmental disabilities. We have over 30 years of experience working with individuals with dual diaggnosis, and severe behavioral concerns.
The Residential Specialist:
Provides and supports “hands-on” personal care assistance to clients with developmental disabilities. Residential Specialists are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the client. They are to assist the client in the improvement and retention of skills necessary to support the individual to live successfully in their own home. Assists and trains clients and/or client families in activities of daily living.
Visit: shiningstarresidential.com/jobs to learn more.
If you are someone who is passionate about helping others, we are ready and willing to train you to be a part of our team—no experience necessary. This is a perfect opportunity for those in the hospitality or service-related industry, or anyone who is currently out of work to earn an income helping individuals with developmental disabilities. Apply now: bit.ly/ssrsapply If you’re in search of fulfilling and meaningful work, we encourage you to apply for our Residential Specialist position. At Shining Star, we believe that every situation is a teachable moment and we love to have fun along the way. We would love for you to be a part of our family!
Direct Support Professionals, called Residential Specialists at our company, will provide support and “hands-on” personal care assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities. They are responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the individual. They will also assist in the improvement and retention of skills necessary to support the individual living successfully in their own home. Shining Star facilitates training for those not familiar with the field, so all you have to bring with you is a patient demeanor and love for people.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist client with personal care including but not limited to:
- Mobility and transfers
- Bathing, grooming, and personal and oral hygiene
- Toileting and elimination
- Feeding and monitoring of nutritional intake
- Assist with meal planning, preparation and clean-up
- Follow the implementation of ISP and Behavior Support Plans
- Maintain a clean/safe environment for the client
- Assist with and document medication administration
- Assist with shopping and errands
- Assist with chores and leisure activities
- Assist with transportation
- Maintaining and documenting of clients
Requirements & Preferences:
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds consistently
- Must be able to work weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Must maintain at least eight (8) hours of training annually in the following core areas; rights of the individual, health/safety of the individual, medication administration and its applications, reviews of ISP/BSP plans, Crisis Prevention Training, etc.
- Must be certified or willing to be certified in CPR/First Aid (Shining Star can arrange training)
- You may be asked to stay over if coverage is running late.
- Must be at least 18yrs of age
- Must complete background check BCII (or FBI check if you have lived outside of the state of Ohio for longer than 5 years) and sign and attestation form stating that you have not committed a crime that will exclude you from being employed/staying employed with the company.
- Background check must be obtained at your expense
- High School Diploma/GED preferred, but not required*
- Transportation (in good working order) preferred, but not required*
- Proof of insurance (must maintain state minimum coverage and provide upon request throughout employment)
- Driver’s license. RS’s must maintain less than 6 points on their license
Must be able to get to the homes in Lucas & surrounding areas.
360 South Reynolds Rd.
Toledo, OH 43615
For more information and to apply, please contact: