Direct Support Professional
Help Foundation, Inc.
HELP is our passion! For more than 50 years, HELP Foundation has served people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We provide residential, employment, transportation and day support services for adults, and summer enrichment opportunities for children.
What HELP Offers our Residential Care Workers (DSPs): • Benefits and Paid Time-Off (PTO) for employees working 20 or more hours per week; medical offered to those working 30 • Paid Holidays • Referral bonuses paid after the referred employee completes 90 days of employment • OnDemand Pay • Ability to earn a quarterly bonus based on service and NADSP approved training.
Check out this link to learn more about Direct Support Professionals! https://youtu.be/qrMOcxLl4Ls
Essential Job Functions
• Come to work on time, in the proper attire prepared to work
• Ensure compliance with applicable licensure regulations and all required training and certifications are current
• Adjust work hours as required for effective operation of the program
• Providing consumers with assistance in everyday life skills
• Provide active treatment, emotional and health-related services including administering medications, checking vitals to monitor overall health and assisting with medical equipment.
• Responsible for administrative task associated with providing support.
• Accurately administering medication and following and maintaining MARS
• Immediately report any incidents or accidents involving consumer to the Site Leader
• Accurately, legibly and cohesively document all services provided to consumers
• Maintain a clean and safe facility and ensure the safety and well being of the consumers at all times
• Involve consumers in community and recreation based activities
• Assist with and or complete household chores such as cleaning, laundry, cooking, vacuuming, and others
• Make and accompany consumers to appointments and community events
• Perform and record physical assessments including taking and recording vital signs and medical histories
• Exhibit acceptable work standards and immediately correct actions that do not meet Agency standards.
• Assist with providing basic personal care and grooming, including bathing, basic hair care and getting dressed
• Follow HPC forms and follow goal data sheets. Make sure that ISP’s and Behavior Support Plans are followed
• Report UIR and MUI situations to Site Leader according to provided guidelines
• Keeping and documenting records of body and general living conditions
• Transport consumers in Agency and/or personal vehicles
• All other related tasks as assigned by management Minimum Qualifications
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
• 1 year of work experience preferably in a care providing role, or exposure to individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities or a combination of experience and education
• Basic level of computer proficiency as well as good basic reading and writing skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal charting and record keeping skills
• Ability to accept and provide direction and instruction in a professional manner
• Successfully pass a drug test and a background check that includes a BCI and FBI criminal history check
• Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License with less than 5 points and be able to physically perform approved PCI
26900 Euclid Avenue
Euclid, OH 44132
For more information and to apply, please contact:
Or, visit the website at https://www.helpfoundationinc.org