Regional RN Coordinator
Champaign Residential Services, Inc. (CRSI)
Champaign Residential Services, Inc.’s (CRSI) Mission and Philosophy are to empower and support individuals with challenges to provide an opportunity to develop their maximum level of independence as they choose. It is the intent of CRSI to value lifestyles and choices by all individuals served. Inherent in this commitment is the establishment of quality support systems for those at risk that enhance physical, intellectual, emotional, communication, vocational, and social skills according to the individual’s needs, abilities and choices. CRSI is a not-for-profit provider of services offering OPTIONS and CHOICES for individuals, their families and guardians.
Go to www.crsi-oh.com to learn more.
The Qualified Regional RN Coordinator will provide quality nursing services to consumers based on each consumer’s medical needs and Individual Plan. Ensure that CRSI ICF’s operate under the current standards and regulations established by DODD Medicaid (Title XIX), state DODD Licensure, County Quality Assurance, and other authorities that may dictate standards of operation including nursing services, consumer safety, and staff training. Supervise the Lead ICF Nurses, Field Associate Nurses, and Staff Nurses assigned to the region.
- Collect, analyze and present health related quality measures concerning agency trends and quality outcomes and participate in compliance initiatives, peer reviews, surveys, accreditations, etc.
- Conduct Medication Administration Certification and Recertification 1, 2, and 3 classes along with the 4-hour Field Trip class for the ICFs and promptly enter the certification into the DODD database.
- Delegate Medication Administration and Health Related Activities, GT/JT medication and feeding administration, and Insulin Administration in non-ICFIID sites as established by OBN 4723-13 and OD/DD 5123:2-6-07.
- Participate in ongoing monitoring and training for delegated nursing.
- Monitor and ensure the consumer’s safety, health and welfare via in-person visits o Assure the completion of physical assessments and treatments as required o Attend annual meetings when an RN is required due to complexity of care.
- Randomly complete quality assurance audits to include: § MAR/TAR reviews to identify patterns for corrective action § Progress notes § Completion of required assessments § Procurement of required preventive health testing § Accuracy of controlled substance accountability § Medical records § Discharged meds/PRN meds/Expired meds § Appointment logs § UIR/MUI & MEA documentation.
- Analyze data gathered by the LPN’s for development of treatment plans.
- On-call to assist program staff to ensure the consumer’s safety, health, and welfare via phone triage, electronic communication, or site visit.
- Assist with the development of a written plan for each consumer to provide nursing services when a health plan of care is required and maintain communication with staff sites concerning consumer events/illnesses to include: § Falls § Repeated injuries § Medication concerns & Pharmacist recommendations § Corrective diets § Preventive health care & personal hygiene maintenance § Medical measures and questions § Extensive treatment for a condition that warrants additional services.
- Participate in Admission and Discharge planning.
- Make referrals to appropriate community resources when indicated.
- Appropriately document all services provided according to standards of practice.
- Participate in an infection control program to include training, surveillance and outbreak management.
- Review service plans for appropriateness of level of service provided for needs of consumer.
- Assist with developing and implementing policies and procedures for the nursing department as assigned.
- Always maintain the highest standard of conduct and courtesy in dealing with consumers, family, staff, and the community.
- Promote positive interactions and ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Work closely with the Program Administrator and Director of Nursing in planning and addressing concerns.
- Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings as well as designated trainings and in-services.
- Supervise the Field Associate Nurses, Lead ICF Nurses, and Staff Nurses assigned to the region.
- Complete corrective actions as necessary.
- Complete staff evaluations.
- Assist with training and schedules for new hires.
Requirements & Preferences:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Must be able to assign responsibilities and provide professional nursing supervision.
- Must have an interest in working with individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team; and perform under minimal supervision.
- Must lead by example, be self-motivated and cooperative, and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Prefer at least 3 years’ nursing experience for adults and 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Professional liability insurance is recommended.
2450 Mandolin Drive
Lima, OH 45804
For more information and to apply, please contact: