Human Resources Director
The Alpha Group of Delaware
Who we are Since 1970, The Alpha Group has grown to become one of the largest provider of service to individuals with developmental disabilities in Delaware County and continue to grow to meet the needs in surrounding counties. Franklin, Union, Marion, Madison, Ashland, Morrow, Knox and Richland. We are proud to extend to our members an array of quality programs and services to help them succeed. We are credited by CARF for community employment services. We are continuing to expand our footprint in surrounding communities.
To Learn More visit: www.alphagroup.net
The role of the position We are seeking an experienced candidate who will be responsible for designing, planning, and implementing all human resources programs and policies for staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, compliance and health and safety. Other responsibilities will include the development of an employee-oriented agency culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvements, key employee retention and development. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the following rules and regulations, EEOC, FMLA, ERISA, USDOL, BWC and OSHA.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organizations staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; advising managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Establish and conduct orientation and training programs; maintain staff certification/training requirements.
- Assist manager and supervisors in performance improvement counseling and plans.
- Be the first point of contact for employee complaints / grievances. Work to resolve issues at the employee / department level. Share findings with department managers and CEO.
- Assist in coordination of the employee performance review process, including: leading competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay band that help to recruit and retain superior staff and by leading a salary survey, as needed, by the agency.
- Manage employee benefit programs and inform employees of benefit; recommending benefit programs to management; direct processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contracts.
- Ensure company compliance with all existing governmental, labor and legal reporting requirements, including any related to the EEOC, and ADA, FMLA, ERISA and USDOL, Workers Compensation, OSHA and so forth. Maintain minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Maintain personnel files and historical data in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating professional societies.
- Back-up for payroll preparation through distribution and records maintenance.
- Chair the Health & Safety Committee to manage a healthy and safe work force.
- Other duties as assigned.
DAILY WORK SCHEDULE:
- 7:30am until 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, additional / alternate hours as required or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements :
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or 2 years equivalent in Human Resources in a related field including recruitment, compliance, business or organizational development and a progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Candidates must communicate in a positive manner utilizing both written and oral methods, along with strong networking skills.
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, driver's physical, have a clean Driver Abstract and not be listed on any registry checks and have a valid Ohio Driver License.
Salaried - Exempt
1000 Alpha Drive
Delaware, OH 43015
For more information and to apply, please contact:
(740) 368-5810 ext 115